Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tribute

My parents just celebrated their 29th anniversary on Sept 29th. I wish I had a picture of just the two of them but I don't, so here's one of them at our wedding, a week before their 27th anniversary. They are such a good example to Tucker and me. A lot of marriages don't last long these days so it's good to have an example of love and devotion during times like these. My parents' marriage has not been perfect, they have had their share of trials and tribulations (eight kids is bound to prove a trial in itself - of course I have never contributed to their trials myself) and yes even a few mistakes, but they always seem to pull through it with love and faith. I hope they know how much I love and admire them. I look forward to celebrating my 29th anniversary with Tucker in 27 years.

Thanks for your good example to all of us, your kids and grandkids Mom and Dad. We love you!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Congrats Mother and Father. Your example in marriage was a great one for me too. I hope you guys did something fun. Forgive me for not calling! Yesterday was another 'poop' day. I think you know what I mean. By the by, Jessica, how the devil did you get a youtube video on your blog? I have been trying unsuccessfully.

Laura Nevin said...

Thank you for the tribute Jessica. I can't believe it's been 29 years. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were newlyweds. But, when I catch a glimpse of that woman in the mirror, I realize time has passed. Yes, we've made a few mistakes over the years. But it definitely was not a mistake to marry Dad. Best choice I ever made! (Next to getting baptized.) Would do it over again in a heartbeat! Luv, Mom