Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nothin New but the Blues...

At Raya's request ;), I'll give you all an update about what's been going on in this little piece of the world. As far as baby news, there really isn't any except for the fact that that baby on the right is getting bigger and more babyish looking everyday. We have only been to one prenatal appointment (more on that in a second) and that was back in April. At that time things were going well, and if the movement I am feeling in my belly is any indication to how the baby is doing, then things are great.

Tucker was "temporarily" laid off at the beginning of April. Temporary has turned into two months going on three. We have been getting by, but I won't lie and say I haven't had my share of worry and tears. We found out towards the end of May that we no longer had insurance when we went to get a prescription filled for me. Our coverage had ended April 29th (hence, only one prenatal visit thus far). When we called the Frontier Drilling office to find out what was going on (after all, they had taken premiums out of a check that Tucker got on MAY 5th!) we were told that Tucker, along with everyone else that had been working on Rig #7, had been terminated the end of April. A valuable piece of information that they had neglected to pass our way.

I have been trying to remain optimistic but my worry and doubt was getting the better of me a few short weeks ago. Life seemed pretty bleak and hopeless if I am being honest (I am sure hormones had something to do with it). But I have felt a lot better these last few days. We have been all but assured that work will start back up again this month. And Tucker has also kind-of-been offered a job doing similar work for a company that cleans and recycles the water that is used in the drilling process. The only problem with that is it doesn't begin until July or August, and it is in Colorado.

But things are looking up, and I am grateful. Our family, ward family and neighbors have been so great to us. Our neighbor Calvin mows lawns as a side business and he has been sharing his work with Tucker. Something we really appreciate since he does it to supplement his own family's income. My days have been filled with paperwork and gathering the necessary info for Medicaid and other things. This has been a very humbling experience. And it's hard to admit that we are struggling. We are, but we will make it. (This has also been a good test run for our food storage. I really urge any of you to start if you haven't, and if you have, keep up the good work! :)

Thank you to all of you for your friendship and love. And I promise to let you know as soon as we find out anything about baby #2. I am still hoping (by some miracle) to find out the gender this month. Wish us luck! We are willing to take bets *wink* on what you think the baby will be. Most of my family and Tucker are desperately hoping for a girl. I am prone to think we are having a boy. That is, if our family's track record has anything to do with it.

6 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Sorry things have been rough the last little while. It is always darkest before the dawn, right? We will be praying for you!

Davenport Family said...

Sorry times are tough, we will be praying for you. I was happy to hear you guys have a good food storage, we really need to get one going! You have inspired me:) Good luck with everything!!!

Michele said...

I am sorry to hear that things are tough right now, we will pray for you. These are hard times for sure but know that you will be blessed! I need to start a food storage my self, I'll get on it! Good luck with the baby!

Carolyn said...

Yikes! I'm relieved to hear that they have assured you work will be starting up again this month - at least. As for that little baby, I'm sure we will know to buy blue or pink before too long! :)

Jessica said...

Thanks ladies. And as an update, I finally was able to get on Baby Your Baby (after a week of trying to get a lady to return my phone calls). And we went to the midwives and got to hear the baby. Things are good and we are scheduled for an ultrasound June 18. *fingers crossed*

Daffany said...

oh jess...I have been thinkin' about you for so long...I love you! And your little one gets cuter and cuter. I want to come see you super soon. Let me know what your schedule is like. Call me and let me know. 801-687-6372