Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh BOY!

What is the mother of a VERY active boy to do when it's cold and yucky outside? Here are just a few the things that Korbin has discovered he likes to do:

* Open the dishwasher and take out sharp objects (i.e. spin a pizza cutter by the blade with his little hands)
* Open the oven and say "hot"
* Climb on to the back of the couch and sit there
* Open the door to the utility closet in the bathroom (when mommy is going potty - only time he is in the bathroom) and touch wires
* Stand on the bottom shelf of the changing table as it wobbles forward (I am going to put this way, but it has the humidifier on it and I have no idea what to do with it if the changing table is gone)
* Turn on the gas fireplace (which is usually barricaded by a gate, but I used the gate to barricade him in the family room the other day as to stop him from doing the first item mentioned on this list)
* Pull on the stand the microwave is on so it wobbles precariously

Ahhhhhhh! Needless to say we are both very ready for Spring to come so we can run around outside. Korbin is not crazy about the snow and neither am I. But what do I do in the mean time? We are going to be the death of each other if he keeps finding things like this to do. We go to the library on Wednesdays but it is obviously not enough. What do I do to entertain him? Seriously, tell me!

4 comments:

The Brewer's said...

Plastic ball pit balls in a wading pool, fingerpaint with pudding, pitch a small tent in the house, just a few ideas. Hope they help! (P.S. My girls and I have spring fever too!)

Carolyn said...

i was going to say finger paints too. play dough is fun too. Does he like to look at books? When we are getting crazy, we look at books then they are ready to play with toys again.

Jessica said...

Thanks for the great ideas! The funny thing is that we were about ball pits yesterday at McDonalds. Gross! But a ball pit in his toy room would be cool. I need to get a recipe for edible play dough because that is exactly what will happen to it. Thanks for the ideas again, I am goin shoppin tomorrow!

Daffany said...

Holly cow! Korbin has gotten HUGE! LOL, no matter what I tried with my boys, they still wanted to get into the stuff they couldn't play with! Just give it some time, he is exploring. We have spring fever also...it is snowing right now...BLAH
I miss your sweet buns