Saturday, February 28, 2009

Matty's Homecoming


He's been home for a month but I have been slacking. He asked me why I hadn't even mentioned on my blog that he's home. So here ya are Matty. He got home on January 22. That was the day that I killed my parents' car. The one I was borrowing while our car was being fixed. Their car had a leaky radiator so we just put fluid in it before we drove it. That morning I hurried and filled the radiator, strapped Korbin in and headed off. The car wouldn't heat up at all through the canyon and I called my dad and asked if that was a problem. He didn't know what to tell me. I made it out of the canyon and turned to head towards Orem when every light on the dash went off and the car died and a cloud of smoke came puffing out. I drifted to the side of the road. I jumped out the car and grabbed Korbin as fast as I could afraid the car would blow at any moment. A young man pulled up behind me and took a look under the hood. He said "I used to be a mechanic and I was going to see if there was something I could do for you but this needs a tow truck." Jubilation! I accepted a ride from said young man up to Will's Canyon Stop and chased Korbin around while I waited to be rescued. Andrew, Julie and Joel arrived, we went back to the car to get the car seat (I know, I know but the ride to the gas station was only about 50 feet) and we were back on our way to the airport. We arrived just before he got there, unfortunately I was in the bathroom changing a diaper when he made his grand entrance. We did get to see our cousin Lisa, and her son Ryan at the airport. Ryan was leaving that day to enter boot camp. We are proud of you Ryan. Keep up the good work!

So there you have it. Matty's home.


5 comments:

Melissa said...

how do you always look cute and where do you buy your clothes ??!!

Jessica said...

You're too nice, especially since I think we all know that is a less than flattering picture of me ;). I use to do a lot of shopping at Lane Bryant but they are so pricey and the quality of the clothes doesn't justify the money you spend. So, I found that Target has cute clothes for a lot less and they are better quality too I think (most of the time.) Although lately I have been disappointed with the selection. But you have way cute clothes so where do you get yours?

Melissa said...

I get some stuff at Lane Bryant also, but the prices are crazy high ! I haven't looked at target lately, I will have to keep that in mind. I used to get things from old navy but haven't really found much I like...I hate shopping for clothes ! (or maybe I hate being poor)

Carolyn said...

I think their is some kind of evil magnetic polarity in the Nevin blood. It kills cars stone dead in their tracks. Mine is not too strong since I try to avoid you guys. I keed. (OME. my word verification is tiolight. which could be pronounced twilight!!)

Ken and Jan said...

WOW, sounds like quite the adventure!