Saturday, February 21, 2009

7even Random Facts

Ok, so I was tagged by my friend Raya back in November to do this. Three months later...

1. I broke my front left tooth while playing Ultimate Frisbee in the pool a few years ago. Someone threw the Frisbee to me from the other end of the pool, vertically, and I caught it with my mouth. The bottom half and entire backside of my left tooth is veneered. If you look closely you can see a line.

2. My husband and I drew each others blood before we ever even talked. We were in hematology class together. He really intimidated me and made me nervous. (He had this goatee that was more like a soul patch I guess. It grew in a triangle from his bottom lip and it was really long. After we started kissing I made him shave it.) In fact we never really talked until a mutual friend of ours invited him to come ice skating with the singles ward. He helped me around the rink and the rest is history...

3. I have a disorder called trichotelamania, which means I pull my hair out. When I was little, I once pulled all of my eyelashes out. I look startled in all the pictures from that period in time. I'm not as bad as I was when I was little, but I still do it.

4. I like to sleep with the blinds open. I like being able to see outside if I wake up in the middle of the night and I like the sun shining down on me in the morning. Incidentally, I have discovered that my back yard neighbors keep a light in every room (at least the ones I can see from the back) of their house all night long.

5. I went to Japan when I was sixteen. The only things I remember how to say in Japanese are: My name is Jessica, and I am sixteen years old.

6. I am the oldest of eight children. In Utah that is not too uncommon. But when we lived in Seattle we got stares. I remember when my parents' took us down town to tour the Seattle Underground. I was ten. We were waiting to cross the street and someone drove by and yelled out their window "you have too many kids!" I think that was the first time it really dawned on me that our family was bigger than most. I was so embarrassed.

7. My first car was a 1983 VW Scirocco. My car looked exactly like this, same color and everything. When I moved back home from Washington my dad flew up to drive down with me. He was too tall for the car so we had to drive the entire way to Utah with the sun roof open so his head could stick out the top. This is one of my favorite memories of my dad.

I tag:
Daffany
Tina
Heather
Chrissy
Jessica W.
Julie
Vita
Carolyn
Nicky

And anyone else who wants to do it. It's a lot easier than doing that 25 random things going around on Facebook. (I'm still working on that one.)

5 comments:

Flee said...

Did your front tooth look like a dagger? My friends did. And I love you car! That's the best ad ever! "Yes, it's a Volkswagon." Awesome.

Jessica said...

Yeah it kinda did look like a dagger. It was so embarrassing and painful. Luckily I got in to the dentist the next day.

Jessica said...

Oh and funny story bout the Scirocco: Once when I went through a drive through at Wendy's the kid at the cashier window was like "Ahhh wow, that's a Scirocco! What year is it?" When I drove around the corner to the next window to pick up my order he followed me so he could get another glimpse of the illusive Scirocco. I have to admit, it was a proud moment for me.

Carolyn said...

it's always a pleasant surprise to see you've blogged. and this one made me giggle.

Ken and Jan said...

I had no idea that you had trichotelamania. In fact I didn't know what it was until last week, when my sister-in-law told me about it after watching some show. How's Heber? I bet Korbin is as cute as ever!