Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How I Spent my Christmas Vacation

Ode to an IUD
(WARNING: yucky pictures ahead)






IUD, oh IUD
You simply were not meant to be.

You Floated off inside of me.

To get you out took surgery
By Doctor Rees on New Year's Eve.

(yes that is fat that the IUD lodged into, but I am told by the doctor that that fat layer is something we all have as a protective barrier for our colons. :) )

We really do like to live it up for the holidays. And my apologies for a little TMI moment. I couldn't resist.

7 comments:

Davenport Family said...

I am a little squeemish about these pictures, but it's kind of like a car accident, I CAN'T STOP LOOKING!! I am so glad you got everything fixed & are feeling better!

Flee said...

Ditto to what Chrissy said! And I too am glad that you feel better.

Jan said...

Oh my goodness... I am so sorry! I need to hear the whole story some time.

Carolyn said...

what the @#*!! I can't believe they let you have the pictures. Well this is one to gather the grandkids for in the years to come. I liked your poem too. :)

agarcia256z2 said...

Wow I was not ready for those pix! Glad they got it out. How did I ever get into the medical field? Glad your feeling better and nothing more serious came of this.

NSNEVIN FAM. said...

WOW! I'm really wishing that I would listen to that little voice in my head that says, "For the love! Didn't you read the warning? So don't scroll down, moron." Did I listen? Nope, I'm not that guy.
By the way, my verdict on the pictures...not cool, not cool.
-Nick

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh!! Long time no see eh? Crystal (formerly) Nelson here. I just stumbled across your blog and what the heck!!!??? I had to have my IUD surgically removed on Dec. 28th! It was also stuck to the fat on my colon as well (not lodged in it though). How crazy is that?!?