Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympic Fever

We have been watching lots of Olympic events at our house this last week. We love it and have been so excited to watch many of our American athletes in different events but our most favorite have been Michael Phelps, Nastia Liukin, Alicia Sacramone, and Shawn Johnson. Anyway, my poor husband was a little sick yesterday and spent the better part of the evening laying on the couch with a blanket and dozing in and out of watching the Olympics. That night as we were getting ready for bed I nudged him from a light slumber and asked him if he wanted me to say the prayer or if he wanted to. Tucker said he wanted to. He said a nice prayer but towards the end he was starting to fall asleep again. After asking to feel better he said "and please let me have strength..............long pause...............in the Olympics." I lost it and couldn't stop laughing. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this little story, but it's too funny to not. I guess you could say we have Olympic fever in our home.

3 comments:

Flee said...

That is so funny! I can't quit laughing! I hope he feels better soon. That sucks to be sick.

Robyn said...

That was laugh out loud funny! We all have had those moments where our reality lines are blurred by fever :)). Thank you for sharing - I am still laughing.

Daffany said...

LOL! THat is hilarious! I can just picture him doing that! Hope you feel better soon Tucker.